At first glance the two images look similar but I was actually stumped on how to solve the problem with the print on their dresses. The first one I lowered the opacity on the print pattern so it wasn't as strong of a focal point than the second image. It started to feel kind of jumbled and messy.
It probably doesn't look like there were any changes but I went and warped the horizontal pattern a little bit so it flows a little better. It doesn't bother me as much and I didn't feel like I destroyed all the work I put into the pattern. I also went and made another one for their socks and I think that also helps in balancing it all out. It sits better overall and I've got opacity for everything at 100%.
Finished the last of the hair so I can quit feeling uneasy about it :P
Starting to work on arms; something I find both fun and frustrating to do.
Ctrl+J has been my favorite shortcut to use on this so far (Copy layer).
I asked Kirby tonight if I should sew or draw since I was feeling 50/50 on both. He opted for the latter; mostly so he could get some work done on his music (sneaky!). But here she is all completed, YaY! I have two different versions of Photoshop between home and work with the latter being CS3 instead of CS4. For the most part this doesn't bother me. That is, until I started working on this one. During one of the color fixes Kirby applied some vibrancy layers so I could figure out the colors I wanted (more saturated) and it really helped...until I'd bring it over to work where CS3 wouldn't know what to do with those layers and thus drop them. It made for working back and forth kind of annoying; I had to save two versions...one with the vibrancy layer(s) and one without. I'd work on the one without the layers and if I needed to check something I'd open up the other version and then drag those layers onto the other one. In hindsight I probably could have optimized this process but I kind of got caught up in just completing it.
The name is just a little tongue-in-cheek by the way :P